Re: Proposed deadline for Photo Contest

Hmmmm, A cool open air spot in Oklahoma in the middle of July Hmmmmm

Oh, you mean Oklahoma City, Alaska...

LOL

Sounds like either May 31 or June 30 is the day.

John

On Jan 9, 2007, at 3:44 PM, K. Loberg wrote:

John, that was a terrific thought, it made good sense to me until I checked my calendar. I will be in Oregon that week the middle of June for my daughter's OSU graduation. I think I would feel better doing it June 30th. The week before the contest deadline this last year, I had photos arriving requiring signatures for priority mail, so I don't want to be away. And there is a crunch of work for me to organize the photos right after the deadline. Maybe Oklahoma can drag their feet a little and I'll hold the rhizomes in a cool open air spot and re-ship as soon as the winners have been selected. Hopefully June 30th as the contest deadline won't be a problem for anyone?

Kitty

How about if you set a deadline of June 15th. That would enable most people to finish any pictures of this years bloom season on most everything. Have OIS ship you the rhizomes. Then when the judging is done (mid to late July) you could reship to the winners (no potting necessary). It also might enable you to provide winners in time for the Fall Bulletin. If they know the pictures are coming, they could hold the space. If that would not be early enough for the Fall Bulletin, then maybe May 30th.

Just some thoughts,

John