Proposed deadline for Photo Contest

Hi all,

I would like some feedback on the AIS Photo Contest deadline for 2007. The full contest rules and announcement is slated for the April AIS bulletin. A smaller announcement will be appearing in the January bulletin. Last year we had the deadline as August 31. Judging takes nearly a full month to ship photos around the country. It was fun for the judges and that worked well last year. However, shipping the rhizomes in September was too late last year. So I was considering a contest deadline of July 31st this year, one month earlier.

Oklahoma Iris Society has graciously offered to donate the 12 introductions (2007 & 2006) this year, and they expressed the desire to be able to ship them around July 15th. They could ship to me and I would hold them in pots for a month or so, or we need to consider an earlier deadline for the contest. A deadline of May 30th would be necessary if we want Oklahoma Iris Society to ship directly to the winners. I just know we want folks to have time to see it in the April AIS bulletin and given enough time to respond. What does everyone think?

Kitty Loberg

AIS Photo Contest Chair