Re: Contemporary Views

In a message dated 1/9/2007 11:27:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
terry@flowerfantasy.net writes:

Hi  John
Yes, it is, but the TB segments are the only portions that will NOT be
picked up by the sections. Logistically, Perry's report is so long that
I would anticipate that the Sections and AIS would be looking for ways
to abbreviate (Edit) it to fit with other news that they want to report.
(Yes, I do read it from page one to 24!) (That's 48 pages of bulletin
space. OK, Brad, we'll do this one in 6 point text  :-) )
On the  other side of that argument  - most of the sections have
memberships  of less than 500 people whereas AIS readership is something
on the  magnitude of 5000. One of my thoughts is to scour the section and
region  publications for material that would be of general interest to
the larger  membership. It could be republished for another 4500 people
to  read.
Now THERE is a wishy washy answer if I ever made one  up!
Terry
The scary part is that I hear he is already working on another  edition
of contemporary views!!
PRINT FAST, YOU  SECTIONS!

As Section Liaison, Jim Morris is doing the "scouring" of Section
publications and reporting on the items of interest in his regular report for  the AIS
Bulletin.  I believe he does notify the Editor of articles which  may be of
interest to the whole AIS membership.  If not, we encourage him  to do so! (Jim's
in Hawaii for a well-deserved vacation-the first non-iris or  family visiting
vacation in many a moon, so he can't speak for himself as he  usually does!)

Section Editors should also notify the AIS Editor (as I did for MIS about
the new AIS Convention cup for favorite Median at Convention - "Ben R. Hager Cup
for Best Median at the AIS National  Convention" as approved by the AIS
Board at the Fall 2006 Board meeting) of important articles.

Now as far as Regional Bulletins, I don't know if anyone is doing that for
AIS!  As MIS and SJI Editor, I do "scour" all the other publications and  quite
often use articles or portions for our publications.  The Region  1/Iris
Society of Massachusetts publication is a consistent source of articles  for The
Medianite.  There, at least, should be an article in the AIS  Bulletin
encouraging this "info sharing" as I don't believe the AIS Editor has  the time to do
the "Scouring"!

AND, I don't think the answer was "wishy-washy" at all (except for the 6 pt
type crack!).

Rita Gormley
Editor-MIS, SJI
Cedar Hill,  MO