From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of John I Jones
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:24 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] AIS Website

Well this is embarrassing, it appears that we don't have any. I had
assumed we did. (Of course you know what that means...)

Just FYI, to see what metatag keywords are on any webpage, open the
page in your browser then from your menu bar select View Page Source
(or something similar depending on your browser)

The line near the top that says :"<META  NAME="keywords" content=""
contains the list of keywords that are used.

The more sophisticated web crawlers (the programs used by the search
engines to rank and categorize you web pages) like Google's actually
look at more of your web content and how often your site is cross
listed and a bunch of other parameters that I don't know a lot about.

So metatag keywords are not anywhere as useful as they were
originally. Part of the problem is that comanies would put the name
(s) of their competitors and competing products in their keyword list
to to get more attention (who can blame them) and so, to get better
results for the searcher, the search engines started using other
algorithms like checking the actual content of the pages.

Yes Lynn, if you have a list of metatag keywords I would like to see
them.

Thanks

John