Re: AIS Website

Lynn, it is true that meta tags were once important to have on a web page.
You had a great thought!

However, for anyone interested, I'd suggest reading this web page about meta
keyword tags which talks about the 'Death of Meta Tags':
http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=2165061

John Mueller who writes for Google Webmaster Central Blog says "You're right
in that we generally ignore the contents of the "keywords" meta tag."    (re:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/12/answering-more-popular-pic
ks-meta-tags.html)

John, I had seen that the AIS page didn't have meta keyword tags for some
time, and wasn't concerned because they're really not used much anymore.

To demonstrate how meta keywords are NOT used, I did a browser search for
'American Iris Society', and on the 2nd page of the list, is the Median Iris
Society web page, which has NO meta keyword tags whatsoever, and if you do a
'find' through their html source, the only place you will find 'American Iris
Society' on their front page is a little tiny 'hyperlink' at the bottom.

In HTML classes, we don't teach the use of meta keyword tags any more.
Kitty Loberg