Re: Fwd: Re: Iris Information PHOTOS NEEDED

In a message dated 2/27/2007 9:42:50 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

I can  use your assistance.  I am in need of photos of Iris tenuis and  Iris
hexagona var. savannarum.  I need high quality images from 750k  to 1.5megs.

Dr. Stritch wrote the above to Bob Pries. I do not have photos of these
irises, but please tell Dr. Stritch that three is no such thing  as I. hexagona
var. savannarum. Either it is a species, i.e. I.  savannarum, as Henderson
asserts and I believe to be correct, or it is a  form NOT a variety of I. hexagona.
Until it is proved otherwise, it  would be the conservative, most defensible
course to call it Iris  savannarum. Clarence Mahan
http://www.aol.com.