Re: Calendars

We just returned from Hawaii (I know, poor us!). We bought our Hawaii calendars for us and our kids last week--the 2007 calendars, that is. They were at a reduced rate ($0.99), in February of 2006, yet!

Margaret
----- Original Message ----- From: <MORRISJE1@aol.com>
To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Calendars

In a message dated 2/15/2006 11:39:47 PM Central Standard Time,
CEMahan@aol.com writes:

I wish to make a point about AIS calendars. Right now, the 2007 calendar
should be in distribution and the 2008 calendar should be in production. If
the
affiliates do not have the next year calendar in hand when they have their
shows and sales, the main purpose of the calendar is subverted. And AIS
loses
the opportunity to make many sales. This is just good business.

I love the small AIS calendar. One always hangs on our kitchen wall. I give
the calendars to my neighbors, barber, bank and others as small Christmas
gifts. I send the calendar with my Christmas cards to many of my overseas
friends. Our calendars can make friends for AIS. I hope that work on the
2008
calendar can begin SOON. I want to be able to buy it in January or February
of
2007. And the affiliates do too, or at least they should. Clarence

Clarence & all,

When I ran a retail calendar store at a major St. Louis Mall, we began
stocking next year calendars in September for sales beginning October 1. By far
our biggest sales month was December. We handled thousands of different
calendars with maybe 30-50 being horticulture related. Cats, dogs, Dilbert, and
Kincaid art were the big sellers here and throughout the U.S. in our chain's
multiple locations.

Jim M.