Re: AIS Photo contest - Private

Kitty, Jeanne and I have looked this over together.  She is studying  for her
driving written exam scheduled tomorrow AM, so has asked me to  reply.

We suggest the following changes and re-sequencing for emphasis and  clarity:

Share and present your most stunning, breathtaking pictures of irises,
gardens, and people involved with irises.  This contest is open to everyone  and is
free to enter. The winning photos in each  category will be published in the
AIS Bulletin and on the AIS web  site.The winner(s) of each category will win
a 2006 introduction from a Region 13 hybridizer.  The winner(s) of each
category will also receive a single  annual membership or annual membership
extension to AIS.  A winner who is an AIS Life member will receive an annual
membership in an AIS section of their choice.  Runner ups of each  category will
receive a 2004-2005 introduction.

Near the end,  . . . The American Iris Society to use any of the phot
ograph(s) . . .(added "any   of").

Question:
Why do you write "winner(s) of each category"?  Is this  because you foresee
possibly having a tie for first place in each  category?   Only the judges
need know that there might be more than  one winner of each category.  We suggest
dropping the "(s)" wherever it  appears because it may be confusing and seems
 unnecessary.     Or do you mean "winners" of each category,  which include
first, second, third, etc.  If so, where do runner ups come  in?

Bob  adds:  Incidentally, in the Bulletin style guide, the  nickname for
American Iris Society is AIS (not A.I.S.), as in acronym (not  abbreviation).

    You're doing good work, please don't take offense  with our suggestions.