Re: [AISvote] Re: MemSec-Overseas Life Memberships-Question

Hi All
 I hope I hit the right button?
For purposes of discussion, I will second Jay's motion to discontinue
life memberships.
If this discussion is about 32 O/S out of 358 domestic, I fail to see
the economic impact on the society.
Ever since I graduated from college (1968) and immediately went to work
at a 56 hour a week job(construction costs were going up 1 or 2 % per
month and Architects were paid incentives to get jobs off the drawing
board fast), interest rates were well above double digit , probably
around 18%. Investing in Life memberships was a good idea for AIS.
Interest hit 28% at the height of the Reagan years and they only dropped
thru the floor after 9/11. So, we are caught in a short term glitch with
the unknown still ahead of us. It is a temporary problem but one that
AIS can do without with no particular financial repurcussions. Life (for
AIS) can be simpler!
The board seems to be attaching life memberships to honorary awards
which should be no problem as most have been near unanimous votes.A
"super majority " should have almost no impact on the outcome.
Terry
Yup, raining AGAIN!