Re: Extra AIS teleconference Tues Sept 29 5 PM

I really appreciate Jerry's comments and possible schedule. It puts things in perspective, and visually displays the steps in the process.
And I appreciate all the thought and effort Jerry has put into this schedule and the rest of it.
In considering that and the comments of others, it seems that a possible ballot this winter would be fraught with complications, and it would back up to and delay the normal spring ballot.
Doubling the number of Special Medals awarded and even for the Dykes in the 2021 ballot is an interesting possibility, and one that might be considered.  That would result in the same numbers of medals awarded had there been a 2020 ballot or a special winter ballot.

I have no qualms about the board cancelling the 2020 ballot, considering the pandemic and its impact on all our lives.  I firmly believe it was the right thing to do.  There are multiple reasons for my views on that opinion that I won't enumerate here, but that I have previously expressed.

I'm looking forward to the views and opinions of others this evening.

Gary White