Re: Shipping irises to Canada for the 2011 Convention

I have done some checking on this issue and have sent Brad Kasperek and
Susan Boyce some information about the state of Utah.

All state Agriculture Departments issue Phytosanitary Certificates to
ship plants out of the United States.  Each of the hybridizers/gardens
sending plants to the 2011 Convention in Canada need to contact their
local  Agriculture Department County Agents to see what the cost will be
and what they need to do to ship the plants.  They are looking for a
number of things when inspecting the plants and all state requirements
are different.   If I can be of assistance to anyone, I would be will to
assist.

Thank you,

Paul

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:00:48 -0600 "Brad" <zebrairis1@aol.com> writes:
> Greeting All,
>
> (Not another message from that pest Brad.) There is still another
> serious
> item I believe needs to be discussed.  Has anyone consider that some
> hybridizers might not be able to get phytosanitary certificates to
> ship to
> Canada? OR is Utah the only state that refuses to issue them?
>
> Cheers!  Brad Kasperek

Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mDcGDRCFKn3krfIjH14QlnYUCmdJ5vVwJdouju4HJwBm8B7/