From: MORRISJE1@aol.com
Full-name: MORRISJE1
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:29:01 EDT
Subject: Needed Irises
To: ciop2606@msn.com

Carol,

You may not have heard, but I am planting a "Storybook Iris Garden" at
Missouri Botanical Garden (MOBOT) and also at City Academy, a private, urban
school (grades pre-K through grade 6).  It will be filled with irises named  for
characters in children's literature.  MOBOT will use the garden with  their
extensive, year-round classes for children.  We just signed up a  Classroom Iris
Project (CIP) of 44 students at City Academy and they will use  their garden
for many things including their literacy and library expansion  project.

I sent out letters some time ago to the hybridizers of the irises I want to
include and many, many of them have responded.  We have over 75% of the
needed irises and they are all planted at both locations.  However, there  are some
key irises I am still desperately seeking.  In defense of the  hybridizers,
some no longer grow their own intros because of space constraints,  some are
ill, some just relocated their gardens, etc., etc.

If you have any of the irises I need I thought you might be willing to help
out.  I have no budget, but my club has a small youth fund and I would  be
willing to reimburse any postage from shipping the irises.  I would need
anywhere from 2 to 6 rhizomes of each , as I must split them between the two
gardens.  Of course I need them soon, as the time to plant here is drawing  to a
close.  These are the irises I am still seeking.

TBs: Little John (Spoon 96); Captain Hook (Schick 01); Sneezy (Keppel 96);
Yellow Brick Road (Gibson by Cooleys 92).

IBs: Cat's Hat (Spoon 04); Goose Bumps (Black 01); Amiela Bediela (Innerst
92); Dumbledore (Innerst 00).

SDBs: Blues Clues (Spoon 07); Spiderman (Spoon 05); Gingerbread Man (B.
Jones 69); Toy Story (L. Miller 97); Velveteen Rabbit (Christy Ann Hensler 06);
Yearling (M. Smith 00); Muggles (Innerst 00); Narnia (Innerst 85); Tweety Bird
(Black 01); Pippi Longstockings (Innerst 85).

I e-mailed Ginny Spoon and she MAY be able to ship me some or all of  their
intros.  But they were not here today and I don't know which ones she  may be
sending me.  The others are pretty much a dead end.....

Thanks for any help at all.  Sorry to ask, but I feel this is a very
important project.

Hope all is well there,  Jean

 Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? _Check
out WalletPop_ (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk
/100000075x1209382257x1200540686/aol?redir=http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)