RE: Section Mini-convention Bulletin coverage

I agree with Al.  The sections are an integral part of AIS.  They are sort of like our children.  I think it would be like telling my son we couldn't take him to the out of town swim meet after he worked hard at practice, because of the extra cost.  Maybe you could shrink the registration form to 1/2 page and do the publicity on the same page.  The sections would just need to be told the registration forms need to be only 1/2 page.  Then the publicity could be 1/2 page also. Regardless I believe we need to support the sections in any way we can.

Debbie Strauss

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org] On Behalf Of Jim Morris
Sent: Sunday, October 2, 2016 4:15 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Cc: irises@janemilliman.com
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Section Mini-convention Bulletin coverage

I'm seeking opinions please.

The Bulletin is all things to all  people in our iris world.  There is competition for copy space from a  number of fronts.  We attempt to provide publicity and coverage of all  national iris events, be it the parent organization or our Sections and  Co-operating Societies.  In the spring of 2017 there will be  mini-conventions by the Median Iris Society, The Society for Louisiana Irises  and the Spuria Iris Society.  I don't believe we should devote one-two  pages of Registration and publicity pages for each Section in our fall and/or  winter issues but would like your thoughts and opinions.  I think it better  for each to publicize and print their registration forms in their own  bulletins.  We are going to press for an October 10 publish/mail date so need a quick response.

Thank you.