Re: Convention Survey

I placed the results out on discuss because I wanted
to make sure everyone had a chance to see what the
poll showed. It does not necessarilly reflect my
personal opinions on each question but I have tried to
represent it fairly. When the the changes were
proposed I did not speak out against them because they
were eminently logical and a honest representation of
how a judge attains this status essentially by being
there for 15 years. Unfortunately logic does not
always trump emotion. Emotionally it is a come down to
not only be reminded that one is old (Senior) but to
have the assumption removed that that experience no
longer implies mastery. I regret that I was not more
sensitive to how our judges might feel about this
change. One survey commented that maybe we should have
polled the judges before we made the change. I
personally had always dreamed about being rewarded
someday with the title of Emeritus  and was a bit
dissappointed for that to be demoted, in my mind, to
master but apparently some people don't associate the
word with the high honor that I do. Compared to the
complaints that I have recieved the convention poll
was not skewed as far as i would have expected against
the change, which leaves me a bit ambivalent. Perhaps
those unaffected do not find the change as repulsive
as the master judges themselves. At this point I feel
it would be wise to hear more comment from those few
who read AIS Discuss.