Convention Survey

I have results from the judges questions at the first
part of the convention survey;

AIS CONVENTION SURVEY 2007-04-25
JUDGING CHANGES
AIS has produced a new Judges handbook. There are
changes that a few people have expressed concerns
about. Here are some questions that will let us know
how you feel about some of these changes. Circle Yes
or No.
1. The title Garden Judge was changed to
Garden/Exhibition Judge because some people did not
understand that currently AIS judges do both. Do you
like this change,    79Yes  or 26 No
2. Some areas find it difficult to get judges so they
may have a show. Would you be in favor of having
separate judges for garden and exhibition with
separate training requirements (presumably one could
be one, or the other, or both)   26 Yes or  75 No
3. The name Master Judge was previously used for any
judge that had served for 15 years, this was changed
to Senior Judge. Do you like this change,  43 Yes or
58 No
4. Retired judges can no longer judge shows, do you
believe they should be able to judge shows even if
they cant vote the ballot.?   60 Yes or   42 No
5. Do you believe, 55Yes or 25No that judges get
better from taking the same courses over and over, or
should there be, 24Yes or 49No,  fewer requirements
for judges with large amounts of previous training.

Those opposing the change from Master to Senior were
very emotional in their complaints against this change
as judged by the many write in comments. Those
accepting this change wrote little in the margins
except that it was logical. One person commented that
the survey was poorly written and if they would like
to step forward I will make them a member of my
committee and they can design next years. I have put
these results out for discussion since there has been
rather vocal protests against some of this changes and
I wanted the record to show what members said on their
surveys.  Bob Pries.