letter from Editor to President

From: bfilardi@comcast.net
[Add to Address Book]
To: PlankMail@aol.com (Jeanne & Bob Plank)
Cc: terry@flowerfantasy.net (Terry Aitken)
Date: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:44:28 AM [View Source]

Dear Jeanne:

I know that you aren't going to like this, but I really do not feel that I can attend the Fall Board Meeting.  I will provide my report by the due date, but I don't feel comfortable attending in person; I just don't want to subject myself to all the stress and upset that the meeting is likely to cause me.  Apparently there are influential Board Members who want me to use a printer in Kansas; as I will state in my report, I oppose such a move on basis of service provided by the current printer, quality, and convenience; however, I also realize that a change may be required for reasons of dollars and cents, and I will accept such a change if it is a necessity.  Aside from that, the printer in Kansas has expressed absolutely no interest to me in winning our business....

I'm not sure exactly why this pressure to change is being applied, since we are unning well within our budget, as presented in my Spring Board Meeting report.  Aside from that, I just don't earn enough money to be able to afford the trip to Kansas City this year, despite the fact that I used to live there and would love the opportunity to spend some time there again.  But the main reason is simply that I think the Board should decide the future printing place of the Bulletin without my involvement; I have provided my input, and will do so again in my Fall Report, but the Board must make the final decision, based on what is best for the membership of the AIS, and if what is best includes a change in printers, then so be it.

I am particularly offended by Bob Pries' treatment of me, both in his earlier e-mail and in his actions at the Spring Board Meeting, when he humiliated me publicly (at the Sections Meeting) in a completely inappropriate manner.  There are many others who were also surprised and offended by his behavior, and they expressed their feelings to me afterwards.

Bruce