Re: Motion to Transfer Restricted Funds to AIS F oundation

Cheryl,

You asked:

 Do we HAVE a donation requirement?

None that I know of, but just in case I made inquiry to the IRS exempt
department, and have been promised (via voicemail) an answer within five
working days.

I do not expect that our non profit status will be affected, whether we
solicit or get public donations, or not. However, we
still need to maintain such status to avoid income taxes, qualify for special
mailing privileges, provide our directors and committee members deductibility
for out of pocket expenses to attend meetings, etc., so it's a good question,
once raised, to be resolved.

Where in the Code did you find a "donation requirement" for any class of 501
(c) (3) organizations?

Bob