From: Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
To: AIS Discuss <AISdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Wed, Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Rita Gormley - latest news

It is with much sadness that I tell you that Rita Gormley passed away during
the
night.

Tom told me that arrangements have not been finalized.  As soon
as I receive
more information from him regarding this and where the family is
requesting
memorial donations to be sent, I'll let you know.

We were blessed
to know Rita; she touched so many lives, whether in the iris
world, her
extended family, or just the neighbor down the street.  She never met
stranger, and when she did, she had the ability to turn almost instantly turn
that stranger into a friend.  When I talked with her last week, she told me
about her long wait in the airport on her way home from Portland. She went
into
a restaurant in the airport and told the staff that she'd be there for a
long
time - before she knew it, they were bringing her all kinds of wonderful
food
(on the house) and watching over her until it was time for her plane.  I
know
many of you also have stories just like this.  Rita was a great lady, a
class
act.  We will miss her greatly.

Please continue prayers for comfort
for her family.