AIS Website

All,

At the fall meeting the Board authorized me to do a redesign on the AIS website.

I would like to solicit ideas from all of you about the website. Some of the things we need to consider in the redesign are:

What is the main audience for the website? (AIS members? Non-AIS members? Experienced iris growers? Beginner iris growers? Hybridizers? People wanting to buy irises? Wanting to find clubs? Other?[obviously I have not listed everything nor necessarily even the most important ones])

Why do you think they come to our website.

What action do you want people to take when they first come to our website.

What do you think the primary emphasis of our site should be?

While it is important to have as much information as possible on our website, should we structure the site so that the most important information for the highest use audience is the most readily available. If not what should be the highest priority?
(Yes we want to have obvious links to the other types of information.)

We do have a lot of information to manage, and there are several technologies that can be used to navigate through that information.

What are the best techniques (from a viewer perspective) for managing menus? (Simple click on buttons? Click to a cascading menu? Rollover cascading menus? Multi-level cascading menus? Other?)

What websites demonstrate the kind of things you would like to see for the AIS website?

What other questions should be asked?

What other ideas do you have?

Thanks

John