Re: Suggestions for new graphical design for the web site

"Hello Kitty, Our Region 20 Website was redesigned by Patrice Van Vleet and
Richard Nolde. We believe that the  new design is very attractive. Please
check it out at <www.geocities.com/aisregion20>   Sincerely, Steve Blecher
Region 20
P. S. I haven't seen the results of the AIS Photo Contest. I received a very
nice rhizome, but I was hoping to see the complete lists of winners and
Honorable Mentions." Steve Blecher

Exactly, very nicely done Steve! Some very nice photography displayed at your
site, you see it right when you get to the front page.  Nice banners
throughout the pages!

I just got my October bulletin, and the winning contest photos are in the
bulletin, they look nice!.   I haven't thought it was possible to show all the
honorable mentions in the bulletin, there are about 50 this year.  They were
all sent to Chris for the website the end of August.

"putting it up front on the web site makes it easy to find without navigating
all over the site."  Rita  Gormley

Rita, I understand the desire to want something easy to find, it would be nice
if everything could be up front on the web site, but that just can't be so.  I
think it is important to evaluate what is most important for the home page..
what will potential new viewers, and re-visiting viewers see when they first
come to the website?   Do you really think that for most visitors to the web
site, the most important thing for them when they get to the AIS home page is
to be asked if they would like to check their membership?  I would suggest
that those who excel at marketing take a look at what the home page initially
offers viewers. Wouldn't it be best to encourage viewers to want to enjoy the
website, to promote the beauty of irises, and then invite participation in a
number of avenues through the website?   Statistics show that a website has
about 15 seconds to catch the attention of a viewer to keep them there, before
they leave due to a lack of interest.

I am a subscriber to a number of periodicals and organizations. and I just
don't think I want to be finding my membership/subscription status as front
page news at all of these sites.   All I am suggesting is that it be placed
in a more inconspicuous place, or at a private link for those who need it.