Re: AIS: Clarification: Storefront and Mahan's Book

Bob, I appreciate your efforts, it was really nice for you to work out the offer for those who may wish to obtain the book. I may be able to help in a small way. If you'll send me an electronic copy of the "announcement", I'll put in on the Region 14 web site. Maybe other regions and AIS can try to do the same. (I didn't see it yet on the AIS web site, but maybe I missed it.)

Kitty Loberg

Reg14 Webmaster

It was announced before the board meeting
on AISdiscuss so that RVP could let their affiliates
know about the offer. There will still be the offer in
the January Bulletin but orders for Christmas would
have to arrive soon. I did my best to get this out as
early as possible but it took awhile for discussion
and the bulletin came out unusually early. Sorry I
could not make everything work smoothly. All I could
do is let as many people know about the offer as I
could. This is why there will still be the offer in
the January Bulletin. But since some might want it for
Christmas, I thought I would get the word out as best
I can. If we had a really effective grapevine and
people passed on the opportunity there would be no
problem. But we live in an imperfect world. I am sorry
for anyone that misses the chance, but If you want to
deny everyone the oportunity because just because
there was some misteps, then that is your opinion but
not mine.The scheme I announced is this same program
and has not changed. AIS members who have not heard
about it from their local chapters will still see it
in the bulletin. But the plan was finalized after the
fall bulletin was in print. If people want to blame me
for not thinking about this sooner then so be it. But
at least I tried to do something for those who could
take advantage of the offer. If it didn't benefit
everyone I am sorry, This is why many things are never
done, because they can't be executed perfectly. So you
are right I screwed up. But then again If you would
have proposed this a month earlier it could have been
accomplished before the Bulletin ad.