Re: AIS: Clarification: Storefront and Mahan's Book

In a message dated 11/20/2006 8:45:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

<<Life isn't fair. >>

No, but AIS member services and opportunities  must absolutely be so. Fair
and equal for all AIS members at all times,  with no exceptions.

<<.The scheme I announced is this same program and has not  changed. >>

In which case I understand you to say that a second order will be  placed to
accommodate any and all members who order in a timely manner from  the January
2007 Bulletin. If the Storefront does not intend to stock the  book as
regular inventory, I suggest you include a cutoff date in the ad  beyond which
orders will not be accepted. I observe that it is also  conventional in the book
business to purchase at wholesale with return  privileges, for the forfeit of a
couple of points of discount.

<<So youare right I screwed up. But then again If you would have  proposed
this a month earlier it could have been accomplished before the  Bulletin ad. >>

Inconceivable as it may sound, Mr. Pries, I have not referred to you  at all.
I requested clarification because on the face of it the matter  was not
clear, and I believed it needed very much to be so because  money, and member
services, and the support by AIS of Clarence's  book, were all involved.

Thank you for your response.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA