Re: Protocol

In a message dated 11/19/2005 1:41:09 PM Mountain Standard Time,
CEMahan@aol.com writes:
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

Common  courtesy; E-mail is very easy to use. Because
of that I consider it very  simple to reply to any
e-mail sent directly to an officer or director.  I
understand that not everyone checks their e-mail every
day. But after  a week, unless someone is out of town I
expect at least an acknowledgement  of a receipt of
message. Is this unreasonable? I am trying to
understand  protocol among the directors and officers

I do not understand this message. What did I do to deserve it? Have I been
lax in courtesy? Clarence Mahan
Clarence, at the fall Board meeting, Bob Pries was voted in as a Board member
to replace Bill Mull, so he is probably trying to find out what the protocol
is. I don't think he directed anything to you or anyone else. At least I'm not
aware of anything or any other messages.

Bob, we use [AISdiscuss] to bring forth any motions or other points of
discussion between board meetings. Generally, it's good to have everyone respond,
but this is not always the case. Sometimes the outcome of a motion is clear
before everyone responds, and the discussion ceases.

In addition, when discussing AIS business and emailing takes place between
more than two people, copies are sent to our President Jeanne Plank in order to
keep her informed.

Bob, you were a great addition to our meeting, and I know you will serve well
and conscientiously.  Welcome to the Board!

Betty Roberts, Policy Chair