Re: Putting 'Basic Iris Culture' booklet on the AIS web page

I fully agree with Gerry that it is a delicate
balance. The main reason many peple come to the
society originally is to seek information. The price
of membership should provide them with a full meal of
information, not charging for everything ala carte but
certainly providing a satisfying resource worth paying
a yearly fee to maintain. The free portion is the
appetizer, it needs to have enough to get and keep
people interested, but unless someone is supporting
the structure they shouldn't expect the entire
ediface, maybe just the foundation. Hows that for
mixed metaphors. Presently we have little to offer
that is not already given away, unless we talk about
our printed material. I agree that it is difficult to
decide where the line should be drawn. Certainly there
will be much debate over this. But presently we have
nothing except the registry that is password
protected. I would reccommend everyone view the HIPS
members only portion of their site, I believe it is
worth joining to gain access.