Re: 2006 Spring Insurance Report

In a message dated 5/11/06 8:08:06 AM, MORRISJE1@aol.com writes:

> You might want to drop by the Section Meeting as well.
>
> Jim M.

I have recommended that she do this, and I do expect that she will.
     My bloom is just beginning to reach peak -- and as a matter of fact,
there are several (many) irises that won't bloom until I'm in Portland -- so-- I
won't see them!!   Many are 1st timers, too!   Drat!
     As best I can estimate (I've only been here three years and one -- the
first one -- wasn't a "garden year") the season is very late this year.   Well,
we had six weeks of rain, snow and overall wintery weather from March 1
through April 15 or 16, so can one expect!   Many confused (and leaf-spotted)
irises are growing in my garden.   Surprisingly there are many, many bloom stalks
-- I guess that can be attributed to the fact that no one gardened on this
property before we move to it so the soil is -- as they say -- virgin soil. My
suspicion is that because it is now so late, and because this area, which can and
does get very warm, is generally very dry during the spring-summer, my irises
will open and close like swinging doors.   My daffodils, however, seem to be
able to endure like they were made of some impervious material.   They did
finally succumb to the later hot dry conditions, but even then they were so
resistant.   What a pleasure to grow!!!
     Cheers!
          Jeanne