Re: Motion to remove the operations manual from the Wiki

I think the discussion the last day or so has been very productive.  I do not agree that the operations manual is of "critical importance" - this organizations has operated for many years without it.  I do think it would be nice to have a document that tells you what is expected of your job, having been appointed to advertising editor and having nothing to help me determine what the job really was/is or how to accomplish the job.  I have written a proposed job description for advertising editor to go in the operations manual.

The general consensus of opinions expressed seems to be that the document should be on the AIS web site and made easy to find, but that keeping it on the Wiki Iris is also a good idea.  This poses the problem of updating both versions but that should not be a problem.

I therefore:

Move to amend the motion to read:

"That the Operations Manual be maintained on the Iris Wiki and that a copy of the Operations Manual be placed on the AIS web site and that the web site be indexed to allow easy access to the document."

Would someone second this amendment?

Ron Killingsworth
Director, AIS
Adv Editor