From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of RON AND SUSAN COSNER
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:22 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Registration Images

Hi Terry. Some things to remember about orchids they have in excess of 53k
pictures and descriptions. Yes these are of awarded plants but in their
judging system that is possible. You not only can get awards at shows which
there are several areas in the U.S. that are hot beds for this but they also
have judging centers that meet once a month where students receive training
and there are teams of judges there that evaluate and award plants. They
also
will utilize the pictures and descriptions as training aids. In Florida
alone
you have 3-5 judging centers. They and other plant groups have had the same
issues of touch up in photos. These are all good points you bring up to
consider and learn to succede in spite of. Thank you and happy growing
Ron and
Sue Cosner