Re: Motion regarding purchase of Magazine Binders

In a message dated 3/23/2010 8:30:21 A.M. Central Standard Time, irisgal@hotmail.com writes:
Hi all,
   Kate was wondering what if RVPs or affiliate presidents were asked to poll their members to see if there is a market......
   Well, last night was our local affiliates meeting and I did just that.  I spoke to our group and told them that the AIS was considering purchasing the binders, to sell to its members, to hold the AIS bulletins.  I asked the members, if there was a binder available to purchase, how many of them would buy a binder.  Zero, was the response.  None of the 22 members in attendance would want to purchase a binder.  Furthermore, after the meeting, several members came up to me to talk.  They were still upset about the size of the bulletin being changed.  All of them were wondering why the AIS did NOT survey its members about changing the size of the bulletin before it was done, and a few were very vocal about this and boy I really got chewed out about this last night.
   We need to consult our members about these big changes before we make any further ones.  They don't feel like they (the members) are important or that their voices are being heard.
  Anyways, I thought that you might want to know what just one affiliate's reaction to the proposed binders and the bulletin size change was.  I'd bet that there are many, many more affiliates that feel the same way as our affiliate.
Susan
Who do Susan and Kate represent?  What state are you in?  Club?  Region?  Sorry but without identification I and others don't know who you are. Another viewpoint was expressed from the most recent meeting of the Greater St. Louis Iris Society in Missouri, Region 18 at our last meeting.  With 30 members present, 29 favored the new size of the AIS Bulletin including four non-AIS club members seeing it that night for the first time.  At least five said we need more material for beginners.

Jim Morris
President
Greater St. Louis Iris Society