Re: Motion for Strategic Planning Committee

We have had some great comments concerning this subject.  I agree with
Brad and Jim that the committee should be a standing committee after the
ad hoc committee has defined the purpose and function of the committee.
I think the committee should be made up of not only some board members
but also some people that are not on the board.  My 2 cents.

Paul

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:33:08 -0400 "E. R. Epperson"
<kirklee@triad.rr.com> writes:
> Thank you, Jody:
>

> It will be my direction to the Strategic Planning Committee that we
> formulate long-range goals such as fund raising and membership, etc.
> In my
> view, internal structure and operations can, and should be, handled
> on a
> one-on-one basis as they arise.  The Operations/Policy Manual(a work
> in
> progress) is a document that details the duties and expectations of
> all of
> the standing committees and administrative positions of AIS.
> Ideally, an
> archival listing of policies pertaining to each position will be
> included.
> This latter is a monumental task.
>

> The discussion concerning an ad hoc or a standing committee is a
> valid one.
> However, until we can streamline our standing committee structure
> (there are
> 28 at the present time) I do not want to request another standing
> committee.
> The ad hoc committee will give the impetus for planning and
> futuring.
>

> Roy
>

> E. Roy Epperson
>
> President, The American Iris Society

Click to compare mortgage rates.  No obligation, quick and easy.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTIsOcaxUHRsGF85XwAlCgupJegucyZRpibVLbOMnIqRLNU5R2wHQE/