Success with AIS digital slide sets, revitalizing clubs

Greetings,

   I wanted to recap the recent success I had with obtaining several of the
digital slide sets from Janet Smith.  Hopefully you'll recall my earlier
post about the new type of LCD projector we obtained for our local club.
Our model is an Epson, but I know Panasonic makes similar ones and there are
surely others.  These new LCD projectors allow one to plug in a USB memory
card to the USB memory port and run a slide show. no laptop or PC is needed.

   Janet has all of the digital slide sets designed for a Power Point
presentation.  Sometimes people don't have PowerPoint included with the
Microsoft Office installation, and some may not be able to run PowerPoint on
the Mac Pcs.  There are PowerPoint viewers for either Macs or Windows PCs
for those who don't have Power Point installed.

   And for those who may have these newer LCD projectors, there is a simple
way to save the slides right out of PowerPoint (Janet's slide sets) to a
folder, and it "unloads" all of the images as a jpeg image.  It takes less
than 2 minutes, and then you copy them to the memory card, and you are
ready.   Janet, Rita Gormley, John Jones and I did a collaborative effort
which led to my successful results with the slides.

   The new LCD projector we have is fully featured, it will interface with
PCs and Video equipment.  Just 1 week ago I ran 90 minute film for a
seminar, interfacing to a video player and it ran beautifully.

   For my local club, this is providing a new opportunity to add excitement
and interesting programs back into our club meetings.  I believe it will
help us attract new members and inspire gardeners to enjoy the love of
irises.

   A big thank you to Janet for the efforts she is making to prepare these
AIS slide sets!   I think many of us can share slide programs we ourselves
may have, as it is so simple to copy them on to a CD and drop them in the
mail to someone else.

Kitty