Re: Website and Statistics

Thanks John for your detailed reply.  I know you don't intend for our  web
site to be a mystery but I do believe it to be so to many on our  board.
None of us are professional web designers but we have seen many  beautiful
sites and perhaps some of us have participated in the design process  in their
club or region or section.

I believe we need a goal and some facts about who accesses our web site and
 what we want to do as an organization with our site.  It would be a  help
if AIS in general had some long term goals and objectives.  Lacking  that
how can the board in reality judge the quality of the site or the checks  and
balances of navigation architecture?  I am sure that you are correct  that
the process is complicated and without the process code a  thorough review is
not possible (except maybe to a hacker), however I grow  weary of
responding to all those who complain that they can't find whatever they  are looking
for quickly on our site.  The two designers I consulted have  designed
literally hundreds of web sites.  Their cursory review found  our site not
intuitive, static and in their opinion outdated compared to current  architecture.
 I'm not that critical myself as I think the site attractive,  trust your
judgement, and know you worked hard with the designers to  implement what the
board apparently wanted some years ago.  I've been on  the board for 13-1/2
years as a director and officer and quite frankly I can't  remember
whatever it was that was approved nor when.  A review and updating  of that need
might be appropriate at this time before we expend any money for  menu
re-design.

I just want the board to have the necessary facts to make a reasonable
judgement for the best interests of AIS, whatever that might be.   Thanks for
your efforts and concern.

Jim Morris
President
American Iris Society

P. S. The chart you refer to did not come through on my email from  you.

In a message dated 6/9/2014 2:44:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,