Re: AIS Website

For whatever is worth, I do not enjoy a really busy website. I prefer
something classy that shows the high standards of the society, but simple
enough that it entices those seeing it for the first time to visit and
explore.

I prefer that we DO NOT add anything to it without some discussion.
Restrain yourselves. Keep it classy and clean. Please do not copy the
commercial look, nor add things loosely to try to satisfy a few people, or
add things on and on where it finally ends up looking like a Wal-Mart ad.

To give you an example of classy and simple styles, take a look at some
places we know:

1- The Huntington Library and Gardens: http://www.huntington.org/

2- Descanso Gardens:  http://www.descansogardens.org/

3- The Presby Iris Gardens:  http://presbyirisgardens.org/

4- The Butchart Gardens: http://www.butchartgardens.com/

5- The Arboretum: http://www.arboretum.org/

These pages are so simple, yet each page make your senses explode with
curiosity. You want to know more the first minute you see them.

Hope this helps.

--
*Andi Rivarola*

*VP, Spuria Iris Society*
*Board Member, The American Iris Society*
*AIS Marketing & PR Committee*
*AIS Social Media Manager*