PayPal

Hello to all,

I have a couple of reactions to the back-and-forth about charging sections for the PayPal traffic expenses that AIS might incur for them.

I think this might be a molehill/mountain situation. I suspect that if AIS were to pay all expenses for PayPal traffic going through the AIS web page, we would find in a fairly short time that actual cost to AIS would be minimal.

My second reaction deals with behaviors that I have wondered about for years. It seems to me that historically and right up to today AIS Board members have often taken an implicitly confrontational stance toward sections, especially as regards finances. I don't believe that AIS should supply the money for all section activities, not at all. But I do believe AIS should support the sections, even to the extent of covering some minor costs; and I think the present case in question involves pretty minor cost. (I do realize that AIS of course now provides some services to the sections, but these are minimal.) We need the sections and should do everything within reason to support them. They DO contribute to total AIS membership.

Hal