Re: AIS PayPal Webpage

In a message dated 6/7/2006 2:54:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

Of all  the Sections and Cooperating Societies, only the SJI has a
PayPal page.  The ASI has a PayPal method but you do it via email.

I believe SSI is  planning on having a PayPal page on their site.

Most that I have heard  back from (SPCNI, SIGNA, Dwarf, SSI, ASI [not
confirmed yet], Spuria, SJI  [maybe]) want to be on our page.

John

The meeting of the Section presidents on May 23, 2006 was attended by
representatives of HIPS, MIS, SIGNA, SJI, SSI, SLI, SPCNI and RIS.  Missing  in
action were the Dwarf Iris Society, the Spuria Iris Society and the Aril  Society
International.  Unanimous conceptual support (discussed at later  individual
Section board and membership meetings) of those attending was  expressed for:
  a.  Inclusion of Sections and Co-operating Societies in the  on-line E-Join
membership provision proposed for the AIS website
  b.  Usage of PayPal as an option to process payment for  membership dues
  c.  Consistent, standard but separate line-item listing of  Overseas
memberships to either charge or absorb (individual Section decision)  extra postage
for Section bulletins.  It was agreed that Section Presidents  need to
communicate their positions on these topics directly to John Jones, AIS  Electronic
Services & Website Chairman.  The AIS Bulletin  editor was in attendance and so
was made aware of the Sections' position on  Overseas membership dues
listings in the Bulletin.

I agree with the John Jones proposal.

Jim Morris
Section Liaison Consultant