Re: Fwd: Membersip chart

In a message dated 6/9/2005 12:42:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
PlankMail@aol.com writes:

Greetings:
I received this email tonight from  Bob Pries who is tallying the
Convention Membership Survey (and the  General Membership Survey that is
being
distributed now).
I am putting this out to AIS Discuss to gather your  reactions.   I
believe Bob's points are well taken and I support  putting the membership
graph that
was presented at the St. Louis  Convention on the webpage.
I'd like to hear from  you.
Jeanne
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:15:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:  Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Membersip chart
To:  Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com>

Dear Jeanne:

I would like to make a suggestion to you and the board. Please place  the
membership chart presented at the board meeting in St Louis on the new  business
section of the AIS website. It would be the first item there and from  what I
understand the minutes will eventually follow.  I am suggesting  this for two
reasons.

First  the membership survey seems to have been a big hit with members. They
sense a  new openness and participation in the society. There have always been
rumors  of secret meetings and accusations of deafness on the part of the
board to  membership. These perceptions are largely untrue. Since the survey
seems to be  creating a more favorable atmosphere it would be beneficial to
develop this  trend. Placing correct information on the website could really alter
the  negative perceptions of, awareness by the board of problems, and the
overblown  information that has appeared in various forums on the internet.

Second the rumors that have been discussed  are even worse than the truth.
The truth is what it is, and does no good being  hidden. Perceptions based on
supposition are are even worse.

I think this document would be a good  beginning for building a better
relationship with the members.    Robert Pries
Dear Jeanne:
I agree with your assessment of Bob Pries's comments and ideas. This is
good, positive, honest thinking. Chatting with Bob at the St. Louis convention
was one of my best experiences, and I commend him for taking the time and effort
 to make this contribution. Right on! Clarence Mahan