From: <PlankMail@aol.com>
To: <AISdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Cc: <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:42 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Fwd: Membersip chart

> Greetings:
>      I received this email tonight from Bob Pries who is tallying the
> Convention Membership Survey (and the General Membership Survey that is
being
> distributed now).
>      I am putting this out to AIS Discuss to gather your reactions.   I
> believe Bob's points are well taken and I support putting the membership
graph that
> was presented at the St. Louis Convention on the webpage.
>      I'd like to hear from you.
>      Jeanne
> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:15:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Membersip chart
> To: Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com>
>
> Dear Jeanne:
>
>             I would like to make a suggestion to you and the board. Please
place the membership chart presented at the board meeting in St Louis on the
new business section of the AIS website. It would be the first item there
and from what I understand the minutes will eventually follow.  I am
suggesting this for two reasons.

>             First the membership survey seems to have been a big hit with
members. They sense a new openness and participation in the society. There
have always been rumors of secret meetings and accusations of deafness on
the part of the board to membership. These perceptions are largely untrue.
Since the survey seems to be creating a more favorable atmosphere it would
be beneficial to develop this trend. Placing correct information on the
website could really alter the negative perceptions of, awareness by the
board of problems, and the overblown information that has appeared in
various forums on the internet.

>             Second the rumors that have been discussed are even worse than
the truth. The truth is what it is, and does no good being hidden.
Perceptions based on supposition are are even worse.

>             I think this document would be a good beginning for building a
better relationship with the members.   Robert Pries