RE: communications

I disagree with the word apathy in regards to our volunteers or most of us .
My region is a big region square mileage wise but we are not heavily populated
with clubs. We try to keep all members informed of AIS discuss, bulletin
articles or RVP info that is shared out. Mostly this is done through the local
club presidents,officers and directors. But as with a lot of organizations
nowadays weither it is at the grass roots or the national level you have a
small group willing to do all the work and others willing to let them. We will
reach out to individual members if they have questions/concerns. Or did not
seem to get all the information. But as Rita use to tell me you must delegate.
And in order to do so people need to be informed and communication needs to
happen. This is what we try to do from e-memberships to discussions like this
that need to be shared out. But we are more globally involved now not only as
a group but as a nation and there are more requests on our time, we are pulled
in more directions. This being said there is also a lot more information out
there to sort through. I believe in most ways people are better informed now
as a whole then in the past when you had a few with knowledge who did not
always find ways to share it. I enjoy this organization. Is it perfect? No.
Can it be better? Yes. But I think we are slowly hesitantly feeling our way in
that direction and we need our leaders our members  to keep us on track and
occassionaly give us a kick in the butt. Thank you and happy growing

Ron Cosner