Re: Secretary --and Awards chair -- traveling

On 7/17/2012 8:21 AM, Michelle Snyder wrote:
Hello all,

Gerry and I will be leaving Thursday morning, July 19 and will not be returning until Monday, July 30. We are off to one of our dream destinations, the Galapagos.

This is a good time to give status of the Awards ballot counting.

Exactly 300 of the 552 eligible judges have voted. I have entered the data from the 190 signed paper ballots I have received, and 110 have voted online. This is already more than the 105 who voted online last year, and although I do not expect the percentage of online voters to remain as high as it is now for the rest of the voting period, the increased number is very encouraging.

BTW, I had to specify "signed" paper ballots because two judges neither signed their ballots nor included a return address on the envelope, and I could do nothing with the ballot. All judges who supplied valid email addresses should have received an email with their votes.

Also, we expect to have email connectivity for the first two or three days of the trip and the last couple days, but quite probably not in between.

Gerry Snyder