Re: AIS Hotel challenges

I completely agree, Betty.  We explored it, but ran out of time to put the logistics in place.

What would surely be nice is for the AIS to consider the value in hosting conventions itself so that stable, streamlined systems for operating conventions could be established.  This would ensure very seamless experiences from year to year for registrants, including hotel and convention registration accommodations (like many trade and specialty organizations do today).

My hope is to compile the work that webve done this year in a final report form for future conventions to consider.  There are MANY efficiencies we could maximize as an organization to ensure affordable, easier-to-plan conventions in the future.

Thanks for mentioning this!
--kdn

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris
Director of Horticulture, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden (dmbotanicalgarden.com <about:blank>)
Unabashedly passionate plantsman (kellydnorris.com <about:blank>)