Website Candidates

Below are some links to possible designs for the new home page for the AIS website. Try not to be concerned about the particular irises that were used for the various graphic elements. They can be easily changes according to what we want. We just grabbed some to use as representative placeholders.

The center section will be a window into a changing list of irises that will change everytime someone selects "Reload" or comes back to the page. There will also be "Next" and "Previous" buttons to srcoll through the library of pictures. I do not want to have an automatic slide show because that can load up a slow internet connection when people don't want that.

The section at the bottom of the page is meant to be an "Article/ Story of the Month" and we will need lots of authors and ideas for this area.

What is important is the top level division of information. Are the categories the right ones? Is the wording right? What about the fonts we used? The graphics and shapes? The background?

The categories are:

Growing Irises: Cultural information on all the various classifications (lots of content to create here), links to local Regions\Societies. Links to sources (What else?)

About the AIS: Some of our history, what we do, mission, benefits (What else?) Conventions, meetings

AIS Members: Links to a page that has some public information and a button to go the Members Only section (when we have one). News and announcements, Information central, Conventions, meetings (What else?)

AIS Board: AIS board contacts, related files, minutes etc  (What else?)

There will be duplicated links in several of the categories because multiple constituencies need the same information and there is no sense in having the same information in multiple places when the same page can be referenced from multiple places.

http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-A.4.html

http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-B.4.html

http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-D.2.html

So what thoughts do you have?