Re: Policy reaffirmation

In a message dated 1/29/2009 8:17:29 A.M. Central Standard Time,
robertpries@embarqmail.com writes:

I am  grateful for all the support members of the board have shown for this
50
year old policy of not charging a registration fee for species with  proper
collection data. I would like to hear from the remaining board  members.

All,

I hadn't responded earlier because I was in Hawaii where I saw and pictured
several irids at the Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Garden.  I just returned
home to 8 inches of snow and was forcefully reminded of why I went to Paradise
for a month -- should have stayed for another.

I fully support reaffirmation of the AIS Policy on free species
registration.  And Paul is right, having just read the most recent  Fleur de Lis, species
clone retrieval and preservation is still being  conducted in Louisiana and
Florida.  But not enough is being done to  document the effort and to "spread
the wealth."  More clone registrations  would be a step in the right direction.

Jim Morris
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)