RE: Policy reaffirmation

I agree that we should be encouraging the collection of data regarding species
iris.
Cheryl Deaton> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:16:39 -0500> From:
robertpries@embarqmail.com> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org> Subject: [AISdiscuss]
Policy reaffirmation> > I am grateful for all the support members of the board
have shown for this 50> year old policy of not charging a registration fee for
species with proper> collection data. I would like to hear from the remaining
board members. I> would hope we would be unanimously in agreement with this
old policy. I> donbt believe this really requires a vote since in essence it
is already in> place. I do believe the scientific committee should make some
defining notes> as to what would be required to constitute proper collection
data and what may> be desired to have on file. This could be reported later in
a bulletin> article. Presently Mike Lowe simply puts in the registration
(collected in> COUNTY, STATE), That maybe is sufficient for publication in the
R&I. But as> keeper of the SIGNA checklist I can say I would be happy to add
more, such as> habitat information.> > > > B > > Mike and I have agreed that
one of our biggest problems has been getting> plants registered. It was a
major impetus form the formation of AIS 89 years> ago and it still is not
totally solved. Many people understand cultivars as> garden hybrids. It has
been particularly difficult in educating the majority> to the fact that a
cultivar can be a species selection and even harder for> them to understand
that the selection may come from the wild.> >
sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary>
<aissecretary@irises.org>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:>
Windows Live: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009