Re: Reaffirmation of Policy

How does this sound?

I move the Scientific Advisory Committee be asked to formulate a written
policy on the collection of  wild iris plants with good collection data
and should include any fees be waived by AIS if they are registered.
This policy would then be presented to the AIS Board of Directors for
approval.

Paul

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:35:02 -0500 "E. R. Epperson"
<kirklee@triad.rr.com> writes:
> I have just finished reading all of the minutes of the BOD, the
> President's
> Corner, and the Scientific Committee Annual Reports for 1957-1961.
> There is
> no evidence of the policy cited relative to waiving the fee for the
> registration of wild iris plants with good collection data.
>

> I fully support such a policy (as clearly most of you do).  It is in
> the
> best interest of The American Iris Society and its mission(s) for
> such a
> policy to be extant and disseminated.
>

> However, in the absence of a written policy, I, as President, would
> entertain a motion that I refer this matter to the current
> Scientific
> Advisory Committee, Gary White, Chair, to formulate a written policy
> address this issue.  The recommended policy statement would then be
> presented to the BOD for consideration and adoption.
>

> I seek your support.
>

> E. Roy Epperson
>
> President, The American Iris Society

Click to go wireless with your computer, ultra fast speed.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2YFEAsWATuOg8EAREvY4FKr3Exy0BSqjxxLVoE4XmmZ572B/