Re: Online Membership

Hi Jill,

You have a very unusual region if all you have is AIS members.   Most
regions have both AIS members and independent members who are not AIS.

Our local club (GPIS) is rare in that we have about 90% AIS members whereas
most clubs have much lower percentages of AIS to non AIS.

The regional Membership chairperson keeps track of both types of members for
the region and reports that to the RVP and to the clubs.  By re[porting this
to these  officers we keep track of those beind dropped so as to possible
recover them as members and in the case of independent AIS members (those
not belonging to a club but belonging to AIS) to interest them in club
activities and to become members of a local club to better enjoy their AIS
membership.

The regional membership chairman also correspondes often with Tom Gormley
(AIS membership chrm.) and advises hin of additions to the regional
membership and to changes in address or other changes that may occur.

Remember there are three types of members in every region:
    AIS members who belong to local organizations (Clubs)
    Independent members who belong to local clubs but not to AIS
    Independent AIS members who do not belong to local clubs.
The later two of these are the ones we wish to work ith the most.  Either to
bring Independent AIS members to local clubs to enjhance their membership
and participation....&
To bring local club members into the AIS to enhance their enjopyment of our
favorite flower, the Iris.

We have found that a Regional Membership Chairperson plays a very important
role in helping the region keep track of where they are.

I hope that this explains this.

All My Best

Will
Will Plotner, Reg. 13 member