Re: Bulletin Proposals

all good points but especially this one..."Regarding discretion, I suggest you eliminate the Bulletin Advisory >>Committee. The Editor should find his/her own advisors, and should bring his/her business to the greater >>Board for insight and discussion, like any other Officer of the Society. " Will

I have to say that I disagree with Anner and Will on this one. For an undertaking and task as essential to AIS as the bulletin is, having a committee to work for the good of the bulletin is a must in my mind. And I hope we lean more towards a democratic methodology as opposed to a dictatorial methodology in the planning and production of the bulletin from start to finish. It looks to me like there are a number of individuals already involved in different aspects of the bulletin, are they not a part of the Bulletin Advisory Committee? (I don't know.)

"The main thought is to develop job descriptions for the Editor and Managing Editor positions. (Jeanne)"

Jeanne, I have more questions. In our history of 79 years to date, are there no notes, task lists, or descriptions whatsoever for the bulletin editor position? I thought there was something previously when a recruitment was done about 5 years ago. And was there a change made since the October bulletin to create two positions, a regular editor and a managing editor?

I did a Google and Yahoo search for bulletin editor job descriptions and similar titles. lots of examples or content out there that could be considered.

Kitty Loberg