Bulletin discussion

Jeanne has called for a candid discussion of the AIS
Bulletin. This is the moment in our history where we
have the best chance of making changes. I have
promoted discussions on Iris chat groups about our
decline in membership. Although I feel the bulletin is
a very important factor, it is not the only factor in
our decline. I do not want to make it seem that
changes in the bulletin would automatically resolve
our present losses, but I do believe it is a part of
the whole rethinking in our present environment. Of
course the internet has become another very important
aspect. Unfortunately it sometimes seems impossible to
sustain a productive discussion that addresses the
totality of the situation. I do not have  the answers,
but like many of you I hope I continue to ask the
right questions. I hope that many of you will join in
on the brainstorming that could lead to a more viable
society.

I hope that we consider what affect does the bulletin
have on a new member? Are they put off by all the
business? I have received repeated comments from new
people that they dont get enough basic cultural
information or that the articles are beyond them. I
would not suggest we dumb down, but make am effort to
balance content. Perhaps we need a beginners column.