Re: Bulletin Proposals: Response from Anner Whitehead

I would point out that the bulletin advisory board
never, ever limited the descretion of the editor. As
one who served for its very short existence i can tell
you that we offered nothing but support including the
fact that I wrote an article on a topic that Bruce
felt he needed. Disharmony had nothing to do with the
functioning of the committee but concerned inacuracies
in boiler plate and presentations to the board that
required correction. I believe an editor should have a
great deal of descretion on material but should should
be flexible enough to correct errors. The bulletin is
not one man or womens personal venue but the
exposition of the Iris Society. As such it needs to
reflect a great deal of diversity. Bruce did a very
good job satifying many interests and is to be
commended. It is only a relatively tiny number of
incidents when an error was noted that he did not
accept criticism. His leaving was his choice not the
committee's and suggesting that a committee can not
function is false. It would be impossible for the
whole board to respond to every issue. A committee can
and should function to make the editor's life easier.

=== message truncated ===