Re: "What approaches we might take to improve our most important product -- The AIS Bulletin"

 I like Kittys thought of saying what we like about
publications. I hope a number of people will respond.
Surely everyone can say something about this.

The BIS Yearbook is my favorite Iris publication along
with SIGNA. I value the Yearbook because of its meaty
articles and this is often where I discover
information about new Iris species. In the last 25
years there have average about one new species
described each year. I do not find anything close to
this level of science in the AIS bulletin.

I do not expect many to value that type of article. I
do enjoy photos in the AIS bulletin, not the artsy
type, but just good representations of flowers and
plants. I have long felt that it is limited as to what
the bulletin provides of interest to me, but
occasionally I see some new cultivars that I had not
seen before. I think it would be of value to hear what
you find of interest in the bulletin.