Re: [Fwd: Calendars??]

Hello,
To date the AIS Storefront has sold close to 1500 of the AIS 2006
Calendars. Our big season for  calendar sales is about over. They will go
on sale, $3.00 each or 10 for $20.00 domestic/$27.00 international, with
the publication of the April 2006 AIS Bulletin.  I have received several
good comments on our calendar: small in size but has room for making
notes, easy to keep on a desktop or store, great Christmas gifts, etc.

In regards to my comments to Terry and others. The article that Terry
wrote for the Bulletin provided information on both calendars, but I
wonder how many had actually read the details as to the source for each.
People know the AIS Storefront has been the source for calendars but we
provided something new. Confused our customers. Many of the inquiries:
Are both calendars available from the Storefront? If not, what is the
source for the larger calendar. What do they cost? (The early order
discount added more confusion.)

Yes, we had several inquiries, but we consider this as being part of the
business. We also get inquiries about the iris register, membership, and
still the giftshop. Just last week I had an inquiry about putting a paid
advertisement in the AIS Bulletin. Of course, there is the never ending
inquiries about Reigning Iris 2006. Hopefully, this should go away after
we meet in Portland in May. We can place the information in the AIS
Bulletin or on the web site, but some will still call or e-mail rather
than go to a written source. CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST!

For 2007, if we go with 2 calendars, we need to cut back on the number
ordered for sale in the Storefront. Need to look at cost of production
for fewer number. Also need to push the publication date forward. We were
behind the power curve for the 2006 calendars, consequently late in
availability at the Storefront.

I agree that we should not include in either calendar any pictures of
irises up for awards. With that in mind, I think it makes not difference
who is the hybridizer.
John Ludi
AIS Storefront
AIS Director