Re: AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this please

This is a unique situation and I think the AIS should jump at the chance to
 support one of our sections.

I don't feel that AIS should ask for any part of their income from the
auction of a valuable item that is donated to the Aril Society in a former
member's will! We would only be furnishing the venue. If there is a need to
have  the Aril Society sign 'hold harmless' legal documents then so be it. This
item  is not being donated to the AIS, with a portion of the proceeds being
returned  to the Aril Society. If the Aril Society decides to donate some
portion to  the AIS, it should be their decision.

Furthermore, it seems to me that it should just be an executive  decision.

Ruth Barker

In a message dated 1/31/2012 1:42:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,